Pursuant to Michigan Court Rule 1.110
, all payments of fines, costs, restitution and cost recovery are due at time of sentencing
.Payment of Fines and Costs may be made:
- By check, with the following exceptions:
- Personal checks from out-of-state will not be accepted
- Personal checks will not be accepted for any payment which requires a license clearance
- By money order
- Visa, MasterCard or Discover**
- Pay Online using Visa or MasterCard
Credit card or cash will only be accepted in person. If writing a check or money order, make the check payable to: 52-2 District Court.
**Effective February 20, 2013, 52/2 District Court will begin charging an
Enhanced Access Fee on all credit card payments taken in person at the Court
Payments of Restitution or Cost Recovery:
Payments for restitution or cost recovery must be made in cash only.
Payment of Bond:
Payment of bond must be in cash only. If you are posting a 10% bond, only 90% of the amount you post can be used to pay fines and costs or returned to you. The Court will retain 10% of the amount posted.