Honorable Nanci J. Grant
Chief Circuit Judge
- Elected to the Sixth Circuit Court in 1996
- Chief Circuit Judge, appointed November 2009
- Past Presiding Judge, General Jurisdiction Division
- Graduated: The University of Michigan, with honors, and Wayne State University Law School; director of Wayne State University Law School honors program
- Chairperson, Michigan Judicial Tenure Commission (elected by state's circuit court judges)
- Past President, Michigan Judges Association (representing state's circuit and appellate judges); current member, MJA Executive Committee
- Member, Advisory Board of the Michigan Judicial Institute
- Board Member, Women Officials Network
- Recipient: Proclamation by the Oakland County Board of Commissioners, Oakland County Bar Association Professionalism Award, Wayne State Alumni Association Headliner Award, Oakland County Probate Court Citizens Alliance "Merit Award"
- Singled out by the Detroit Free Press for exemplary judicial attendance
- Selected by Crain's Detroit Business as one of "40 under 40"
- Recognized by a national magazine as one of ten "Women to Watch" in 2002
- Former member, Michigan State Bar's Representative Assembly
- Formerly a private practice attorney specializing in commercial litigation