Sentenced - Misdemeanor
Oakland County’s Weekend and Weekday Alternative for Misdemeanants (WWAM) program is a supervised Community Service Program. District Court Judges may use WWAM as a sentencing tool for all misdemeanant offenders. WWAM participants work at non-profit organizations every day during the week. Offenders are organized into work groups and are supervised by Community Corrections Staff.
WWAM Warm Wear
In March 2012, Community Corrections Division expanded the WWAM program by establishing WWAM Warm Wear. WWAM Warm Wear allows offenders with certain medical conditions or physical limitations to participate in the program. Eligible participants loom winter hats which are then donated to non-profit organizations. WWAM Warm Wear is available on Fridays only.
- Participants must report to 250 Elizabeth Lake Road, Suite 1520, Pontiac, MI 48341 (Community Corrections Division) at 8:00AM on each of their scheduled WWAM days – release time is 4:00PM
- Wear appropriate dress for work details and weather conditions (Boots MUST be worn between November 15th and March 31st. If a participant arrives in items other than appropriate outdoor gear, they will be terminated. NO tennis shoes are allowed between November 15th and March 31st)
- Bring own lunch as lunch is not provided by WWAM
- Participants MUST adhere to all WWAM guidelines and rules.
Guidelines and Rules
- Any misdemeanor charge is eligible for referral
- Offenders can be ordered to attend no less than 2 days and no more than 20 days for each charge
Additional eligibility criteria specifically for WWAM Warm Wear:
- Although any misdemeanor charge is eligible, WWAM is most appropriate for charges for which no other specific programs exist, for example: Disorderly Conduct, Retail Fraud II and Trespassing
- In addition, WWAM can be used in conjunction with other programs such as Step Forward followed by any number of WWAM days
- Can be utilized as a graduated sanction for technical probation violators or for Drug/Sobriety Court participants
- Offenders are required to pay $15 for each day of participation in the form of a money order made out to OCCCD. Offenders can pay ahead, however participants cannot carry a balance and will be terminated if payments are not up to date
- $15 reinstatement fee for offenders terminated from the program and then reinstated
|Referring an Offender
- Referring Agents will contact the WWAM Admin Office at 248.451.2330 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to schedule the defendants start/enrollment date. Note: Weekend and Weekday WWAM days are scheduled consecutively with defendants reporting on the next available WWAM day.
- Print a completed WWAM Referral Form and fax to 248.451.2319 AFTER contacting the WWAM Admin office at 248.451.2330, to determine the clients start/enrollment date
- See Referring and Scheduling Guidelines
WWAM participants will report to:
250 Elizabeth Lake Road, Suite 1520
Pontiac, MI 48341
(View Map )
7 Days a week between 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
**Further information can be provided by calling 248-451-2310**