To Apply Online:
- Complete the CPL Application form by selecting the Continue option below (do not click Continue until you have read all steps on how to apply).
- You will be issued a confirmation number once you save the form, you may print out the form with the confirmation number to bring to our office. This is not the original form, only a copy for your records.
- The application process is not complete until:
- You personally appear in our office with a valid driver's license or state ID.
- Bring the additional documentation required. For first time applications, you must bring the Pistol Safety Training course certificate. Other documentation is required if you are qualified to carry in pistol-free zones.
- Sign the form in front of a clerk.
- Pay the $105 fee. An additional $10 for a photo if necessary. Payment may be made by cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, money order or personal check.
- Proceed to the Oakland County Sheriff's Office to have your fingerprints processed. Fingerprints are only required for new applicants, or renewals if your most recent CPL expired before July 1, 2004.
*IMPORTANT: Your application time does not begin until all of the steps above are completed.
Please take a moment to let us know about your experience with our online application process by completing this short survey