Now you can remove sensitive personal identifiers, including Social Security numbers, from your court files, if the court case was filed prior to March of 2006*. There is no fee associated with this process.
If you have had a case in the Oakland County Circuit Court and believe personal information may be in your file, you need to follow the steps listed below:
- You must review your file(s) at the Oakland County Clerk's Office, located at 1200 N. Telegraph Rd, Pontiac MI 48341. The Clerk's Office is not responsible for reviewing files on behalf of the public to identify sensitive information.
- Files are the property of the 6th Judicial Circuit Court and may not be removed from the County Clerk's Office. Copies are available for $1 per page.
- While reviewing your file, determine if there are any sensitive personal identifiers.
- Fill out the Notice of Presence of SSN in Court Documents Form, making sure to note the name and date of the document and location of the personal information in the court file.
- Submit the form to the Oakland County Clerk's Office, including a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of processed documents.
- Note: Not all requests will be granted and portions of requests may also be denied depending on court rule, law and/or statute.
For more information, please contact the Oakland County Clerk's Office at (248) 858-0582, or send an email to email@example.com.
*Documents filed after March 2006 that contain SSN's must follow the designated Supreme Court process defined by Administrative Order 2006-2.
Oakland County Identity Protection Task Force