March 14, 2013, Pontiac, MI - Lisa Brown, Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds, continues bringing services directly to Oakland County residents with the Local Office Visit program. Next stop? The Lyon Township Municipal Center at 58000 Grand River Ave., New Hudson, on March 21 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Local Office Visits make it easier to do business with the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds by delivering services right to their neighborhoods. This visit will serve residents of Lyon, South Lyon and surrounding communities.
"People don't always have time to get to our Pontiac office, especially while they're busy juggling work, school and family obligations," said Brown. "We're all about service, and making it more convenient to do business with us."
The following records and services are available at all Local Office Visits:
- Copies of birth, death and marriage certificates
- Marriage license applications
- Copies of deeds, mortgages, liens and other property documents
- Business registration or renewals, as well as access to Oakland County's Assumed Business Names and Co-Partnerships database
- Copies of Oakland County Circuit Court documents, including divorce records
- Voter registration and absentee voter applications
- Notary public applications
- Concealed pistol license renewals
Oakland County residents are welcome at any of these upcoming Local Office Visits:
- Lyon/South Lyon: March 21, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lyon Township Municipal Center, 58000 Grand River Ave., New Hudson
- Commerce: April 10, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Commerce Township Hall, 2009 Township Dr.
- Lake Orion: May 7, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Orion Center, 1335 Joslyn Rd.
- Holly: May 16, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Holly Township Hall, 102 Civic Dr.
- Southfield Township: June 6, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Southfield Township Hall, 18550 W. 13 Mile Rd., Beverly Hills
- Auburn Hills: June 13, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., City Hall, 1827 N. Squirrel Rd.
More cities will be announced as the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds continues this popular program. Visit www.oakgov.com/clerkrod for additional dates and updated information. Details are also available online for copy fees and identification requirements, which are the same as those in the main office.