Training classes are for CLEMIS agencies only.
Who Should Attend:
Investigators, Detectives, and Corrections staff
- Student Mugshot manual
- Software Demonstration
- Hands on training with a CLEMIS PictureLink Mugshot device
Upon completion of this training, the student will be capable of operating the CLEMIS PictureLink Mugshot System pursuant to CLEMIS and State standards.
This training focuses on all aspects of mugshot image record creation process. Various components of this training include:
The application is divided into three components. The booking station image capture station component, in which arrestee's image and data is recorded. The investigators desktop application used in the creation of line-ups, witness sessions, facial recognition, and importing of images from external sources, and the web version of the application referred to as PictureLink.net. This last component provides many of the same features and functionality as the Investigators desktop version, but can be accessed via the internet. A user name and password is required by CJIS in order to access the site. It is this latter application that will be available in the patrol units and via the Blackberry handheld devices in the near future.
Depending on rank or authority, there are two types of training offered:
Items covered in the Booking and Investigator training:
- The image and data capture process using the Arrest, Suspect, Employee and Applicant databases.
- How to query the image and databases using a combination of variables.
- Creation of line-ups and witness sessions.
- Using PictureLink to produce forms and reports.
- How to use FaceLink, the facial recognition functionality to search for data on third party images.
- An introduction to PictureLink.net, the web component of the application.
- How to import images from external sources into the application and export images to .jpg format.
- How to use the PictureLink disguises tool.
Local Administrator training will cover the following topics:
- An in depth analysis of the CLEMIS PictureLink application and the Arrest, Suspect, Employee, and Applicant databases that have been created within the application.
- Creation of user profiles and passwords within the CLEMIS PictureLink System.
- Training in various PictureLink tools to monitor image and data quality.
- "Forms" training to create agency specific custom forms.
- Liaison with CLEMIS staff on support matters.