The Citizens Advisory Committee-Friend of the Court is a legal entity of citizens created in cooperation with the Judicial Court and the Oakland County Board of Commissioners in accordance with the Friend of the Court Act of Public Act 366 of 1996.
The purpose of the Citizen Advisory Committee-Friend of the Court is to:
- Identify the need of citizens in the community who seek the Friend of the Court services while they are in the process of dissolving the family unit as it exists under the law.
- Advise the Court and the Board of Commissioners of the operation of the Friend of the Court in the exercise of the duties and responsibilities under the law.
The Citizen Advisory Committee-Friend of the Court (CAC) is committed to:
- Assist the Court through its Office of the Friend of the Court in meeting the needs of individuals and families with tolerance and understanding of the diversity of family relationships.
- Advocate innovative changes on behalf of citizens and meet their needs in a fair and effective manner, giving recognition to the dignity and worth of individuals and families.
- Serve as a catalyst to achieve higher levels of quality performance through methods of quality care assurance.
- Establish a creditable forum that provides access and honest review of citizens' concerns and grievances relating to experiences with the services of the Friend of the Court.
- Partner with the Friend of the Court in efforts to provide services that foster a consumer user-friendly approach.
Our vision is to foster leadership in achieving excellence in the services rendered through the Oakland County Court-Friend of the Court Office to the citizens of Oakland County.