Helaine Zack (D)
Commissioner, District 18
Sign up to receive my newsletter.
Boundaries: Includes the Ferndale, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, Oak Park and the Charter Township of Royal Oak.
First elected: November 2002
Current term: January 1, 2015 -- December 31, 2016
Oakland County Board of Commissioners
1200 North Telegraph Road
Pontiac, Michigan, USA, 48341-0421
Huntington Woods, Michigan, USA, 48070
248-858-0100 (County); 248-546-7392 (Home) Fax:
248-858-1572 (County) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources: Minority Vice Chair
- Finance: Member
- Board Member, SEMCOG
- Board Member, Citizens Advisory Council
- Board Member, Area Agency on Aging 1B
- Board Chair, The Resiliency Center
- Member, Haven Campaign Committee
- Member, Government Relations Committee, Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
- Member, Advisory Board, Tri-Community Coalition
- Board Member, Community Home and Improvement Department
- Member, HAVEN Campaign Committee
- Past President, Greater Detroit Chapter of Employee Assistance Professionals Association
- Former Board Member, Women's Department at the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit and Jewish Family Services
- Member, Tri-Community Coalition
Commissioner Zack earned Bachelors of Arts and Masters of Social Work degrees at the University of Michigan. She has been married to Andrew, an attorney, for almost 40 years and has three adult daughters and two sons-in-law. Commissioner Zack has been a social worker active in the employee assistance program field for more than 35 years.
Throughout her professional career, Commissioner Zack has been an advocate for vulnerable citizens, including those dealing with mental illness, substance abuse, domestic violence and traumatic events. She has also worked to improve and promote regional transportation.