Helaine Zack (D)
Commissioner, District 18
Sign up to receive my newsletter.
Boundaries: Includes the Ferndale, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, Oak Park and the Charter Township of Royal Oak.
First elected: November 2002
Current term: January 1, 2013 -- December 31, 2014
Oakland County Board of Commissioners
1200 North Telegraph Road
Pontiac, Michigan, USA, 48341-0421
Huntington Woods, Michigan, USA, 48070
248-858-0100 (County); 248-546-7392 (Home) Fax:
248-858-1572 (County) E-mail: email@example.com
- Public Services: Minority Vice Chair
- Finance: Member
- Board Member, SEMCOG
- Board Member, Citizens Advisory Council
- Board Member, Community Home and Improvement Department
- Member of HAVEN Campaign Committee
- Past President, Greater Detroit Chapter of Employee Assistance Professionals Association
- Former Board Member, Women's Department at the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit and Jewish Family Services
- Member, Tri-Community Coalition
Commissioner Zack is a graduate of the University of Michigan's undergraduate and graduate social work schools. She has been married to Andrew, an attorney, for more than 30 years and has three adult daughters and two son-in-laws. Ms. Zack has been a social worker active in the employee assistance program field for more than 30 years.
She is a frequent trainer and advocate for Mental Health, Health, Substance Abuse, Domestic Violence, Trauma Intervention and Environmental concerns.