John A. Scott (R)
Commissioner, District 5
Sign up to receive my newsletter.
Boundaries: Includes Keego Harbor, Village of Orchard Lake, Sylvan Lake with a portion of Waterford Township and West Bloomfield Township.
First elected: November 2002 (now in 6th term)
Current term : January 1, 2013 -December 31, 2014
John A. Scott
Waterford, Michigan 48328
Phone: 248-891-9067 (Cell Phone)
- Human Resources: Chairman
- Finance: Member
- Personnel Appeal Board: Chairman
- Sanitary Code Appeal Board: Chairman
- Food Service Appeal Board: Vice Chairman
- Airport: Chairman
- Parks and Recreation Commission: Secretary
- General Government: Former Member
- Lake Oakland Lake Board: Past Vice Chairman
- Scott Lake - Lake Board: Past Chairman
- SEMCOG: Chairman 2011 – 2012
- Scholarship Chairman-Pontiac Waterford Elks Lodge 810
- Scholarship Chairman-West Bloomfield Optimist Club
- Chairman Emeritus-Annual Fall Festival at St. Perpetua Catholic Church.
President-Keego Harbor Optimist Club
Member-West Bloomfield Youth Assistance
Faithful Admiral-Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Fr. Vincent Capodanno Assy. 3392
Commander, 4th Degree Knights of Columbus Color Corp Assy. 3392
Past Treasurer-Knights of Columbus St. Perpetua Council 13600
Member-University of Michigan Alumni Association
Member-University of Michigan Club of Greater Detroit
Life Member – National Rifle Association
Commissioner Scott is married to Jane and has lived in Waterford Township since 1984. He is a sales engineer for the Royal Oak based McMasters Koss Company, a distributor of sealing components to OEM automotive and MRO Industrial companies.