Christine Long (R)
Commissioner, District 7
Sign up to receive my newsletter.
Boundaries: Includes Commerce Township, West Bloomfield Township, Walled Lake & the Village of Wolverine Lake.
First elected: November 2002
Current term: January 1, 2015 -- December 31, 2016
Oakland County Board of Commissioners
1200 North Telegraph Road
Pontiac, Michigan, USA, 48341-0421
Fax: 248-858-1572 (County)
- General Government: Chair
- Finance: Member
- Parks & Recreation Committee: Member
- Airport Committee: Member; Secretary
- Personnel Appeal Board: Chairperson 2004 - 2007
- Women's Commission for Oakland County: Ex-Officio Member
- Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG)--Delegate
- Commerce Township Historical Committee--Member
- Lakes Area & Huron Valley Chamber of Commerce Member since 1995.
- Oakland County Republican Party--Member
Commissioner Long is the owner/operator of the Long Family Orchard, Farm and Cider Mill in Commerce. She is married to Rob and has five children. Commissioner Long is a graduate of Michigan State University's College of Nursing, where she obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in 1987. From 1987 to 1995, she worked at the University of Michigan Medical Center as a Registered Nurse.