Marcia Gershenson (D)
Commissioner, District 13
First elected: November 2004
Current term: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2016
Oakland County Board of Commissioners
1200 North Telegraph Road
Pontiac, Michigan, USA, 48341-0421
5964 Wing Lake Rd.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48301
Phone: 248-858-0100 (County); 248-808-1032 (Home)
Fax: 248-858-1572 (County); 248-737-6089 (Home)
- Democratic Caucus: Chairperson
- General Government: Minority Vice Chair
- Planning & Building: Former Member
Oakland County Achievements:
- Co-Founder of Gilda's Club/Metro Detroit/Cancer Support Community
- Started a Women's Commission for Oakland County
- Member of Healthy Oakland Partnership
- Attends Senior Citizens Advisory Council
- Chaired first Oakland County Childhood Obesity Conference
Commissioner Gershenson is married to Ken Robinson and has one son, Drew Gershenson. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan (1971). Commissioner Gershenson received a B.A. in English with secondary teaching credentials from the university.
Marcia was actively involved as a volunteer in Birmingham public schools. Former Board Member of Camp Mak-A-Dream and the Michigan League of Conservation Voters. Board Member of the Women's Officials Network Foundation and Member of AAUW and LWV.