Oakland County International Airport serves southeast Michigan and Oakland County.
It is a designated general aviation reliever airport serving individuals, businesses and industries in Oakland County, the State of Michigan and the nation.
OCIA is ranked as the world's twelfth busiest general aviation airport with an average of approximately 120,000 takeoffs and landings annually. More than 150 corporations base aircraft at OCIA, many with several aircraft. Over 554 aircraft are based at the airport, and their value is in excess of $200 million. The facility is self supporting. Open 24 hours a day, the airport offers:
- paved runways and taxiways, effective lighting and taxiway identification, and excellent approaches to its 6520 foot instrument runway
- charter contract passenger service
- air freight operations
- fuel services and maintenance, as well as the entire range of aircraft services are available from several FBOs
- new and used aircraft sales operations and flight training schools offer resources for current and future pilots in Oakland County
- a Federal Aviation Administration-staffed control tower provides complete air traffic control services including Tower Advisory Radar
User-fee U.S. Customs Service
is available 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and "on call" at all other times. This service improves convenience and saves time for international travelers by eliminating the need for an additional stop to clear customs.